First, the role of lubricating oil
Lubricant is a liquid lubricant used in various types of machinery to reduce friction and protect machinery and processed parts. It mainly functions as lubrication, cooling, rust prevention, cleaning, sealing and buffering. Lubricating oil accounts for 85% of all lubricating materials, and there are many types and brands. Now the world's annual consumption is about 38 million tons. The general requirements for lubricants are:
(1) Reduce friction and wear, reduce frictional resistance to save energy, reduce wear and tear to extend the life of machinery, and improve economic benefits;
(2) Cooling requires that the frictional heat be discharged outside the machine at any time;
(3) Sealed, required to prevent leakage, dust and blow-by gas;
(4) Anti-corrosion and anti-rust, it is required to protect the friction surface from oil deterioration or external erosion;
(5) Clean and rinse, requiring the friction area to be cleaned and removed;
(6) Stress dispersion buffering, load distribution and mitigation of impact and shock absorption;
(7) Kinetic energy transmission, hydraulic system and remote control motor and friction stepless speed change.
Composition of lubricating oil
Lubricating oil generally consists of two parts: base oil and additives. The base oil is the main component of the lubricating oil, which determines the basic properties of the lubricating oil. Additives can make up for and improve the deficiencies in the performance of the base oil, and give certain new properties.